Simple Salad + Almond-Lime Dressing

6:48 AM


More ways to eat almond butter. I just love it...it's the best ! I go through about a jar a week these days. I make it here at home, you can find the recipe here: Raw Almond Butter. And salads, I love fresh salads...I can eat them every day. Pair this almond-lime dressing with this salad and it creates some kind of wonderful. The sweetness and coolness of the cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, zucchini and leafy greens combined with the slightly salty, yet sweet and somewhat citrus almond flavors make this a salad I can enjoy often. I found myself tipping the bowl to get the last drops of this dressing. I think you might too. :)


All of these ingredients are alkaline based. The only questionable ingredient is the maple syrup, I find it on both the acid & alkaline list. I will be adding more meals that are 100% alkaline in the following months as I learn new habits of bringing my pH higher and maintaining a neutral level to combat some inflammation I am experiencing such as RA (explained more here: Let's Talk pH: The importance of Acid vs. Alkaline). And I plan on doing it with the most delicious meals. Eating healthy has to taste good and this hits the mark! 

Almond Butter & Lime Dressing 
  • 2 heaping tablespoons almond butter
  • 2 teaspoons tamari
  • 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or agave
  • juice from 1 lime
  • pinch of red pepper flakes, optional

Salad
  • zucchini
  • cucumber
  • carrots
  • celery
  • bell pepper
  • scallions
  • leafy greens of choice
  • almond slices or pepitas, optional


Start with the dressing first so it can sit and let the flavors mingle while cutting up the salad mix. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well until creamy. Taste for flavor....more tamari? more sweetener? Add 1 tablespoon water at a time if needed if to thin. I added the extra tablespoon water this time around but prefer it on the thicker side myself, these photos reflect the thinner dressing. Dressing makes one serving.

Next, prepare your vegetables any way you like, using as much as you like. Taste dressing once more to make sure it's to your liking. Build your salad and drizzle with your perfected dressing...


Enjoy !


Make your own Raw Almond Butter ... It's very easy to do and it's a good clean food. It only has one ingredient: almonds...no sugars, fillers or junk. Spread it on apple slices, toast, put a dollop on top of your oatmeal with bananas slices & a drizzle of pure maple syrup, etc...so many ways to enjoy it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images