Lazy Pasta

9:11 AM

Lazy Pasta

This one should really be called, 'Lazy Pasta, Lazy Post', but I don't want to give too much away. It's entirely ok to have those lazy days, as well as a lazy post every now and then! I find I am not posting as much as I used to. I feel one recipe, maybe two a week, is all I can manage these days. I do try to share some of my everyday eats on facebook and instagram which is where this recipe comes from and felt it really should be in the recipe collection, iphone photo and all (VSCOcam app it's awesome and free), as inspiration for something easy you can make on a weekly basis. It's a wonderfully rustic and cozy dish that can be whipped up in a cinch. These everyday meals are filling, nutritious and delicious!  Feel free to change up the veggies using whatever appeals to you best...bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, eggplant, etc. Let your imagination, or whatever needs to be used up in the fridge, be your guide!

quinoa pasta
Lazy Pasta

Lazy Pasta

Ingredients
  • 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella)
  • 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced and cut in half
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 - 3 garlic cloves, diced
  • 2 cans (15oz.) diced tomatoes (pref. fire roasted)
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • mineral salt & cracked pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 8 oz. pasta of choice (I used quinoa linguini pasta)
  • almond parmesan, to serve

Cook your pasta of choice according to package directions. Set aside.

In a large skillet/wok, heat oil on medium high, add mushrooms, zucchini, onion, garlic and spices, cook for about five minutes, or until mushrooms and zucchini are tender. Stir in tomatoes and cook until heated through. Taste for seasoning.

Serve over a bed of pasta with a good sprinkling of almond parmesan.

Notes: If you want, you can saute your onions and garlic first for five minutes and then add the other ingredients and saute again until tender. That is how it is usually done in recipes, but this is 'lazy pasta' and I cut that part out with great results....at least I think it was fine!

So easy and so good...

Pairs well with this song from Theivery Corp. Un Simple Histoire

Enjoy!


Follow TSV on Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images