Simple Kale Chips

9:11 AM


One of my favorite ways of eating kale. I picked up 5 bunches of organic kale for $5 and decided to play with ingredients. I made two batches, one with 'cayenne pepper & himalayan salt' and the other with a 'garlic sea salt blend'...both were pretty amazing! I've also seen recipes using nutritional yeast, brown sugar, etc...be creative and have fun... 


Start by washing and removing the stems. Shred your kale in whatever size or shape you like. 


In a large mixing bowl, coat leaves with oil, add some spices, place on cookie sheet and bake...so easy and delicious!


Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of kale (I used curly kale & lacinato kale)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (I usually use a little less)
  • Use one or more of the following: Himalayan salt, pepper, spice blend, herb, nutritional yeast or whatever you feel like using. 

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 325
  • Wash kale thoroughly and let dry.
  • Remove leaves from stem and break up into the size chips you would like. Put leaves into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Massage until coated.
  • At this point you can either add your spices in the bowl and mix, or you can lay them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle what you want to use, which is what I did. 
  • I put them in the oven for about 10 min. Since I put both types of kale in the oven at the same time, the lacinato kale was crispy and the curly kale was a little softer (which I really liked). So please note that the different types of kale cook differently and you should watch your oven after 10 min until you have perfected your chip.
Enjoy !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images