Pineapple Veggie Lover Pizza - Gluten Free

4:49 PM


It's been ages since I've had pizza and have been wanting to make one for a while now. It's always fun to make your own and this one came out so colorful & yummy! I picked up a package of Bob's Gluten Free pizza crust and thought I'd give it a go. I'm not gluten intolerant but do try to keep my recipes along those lines as much as possible. Feel free to use any pizza crust you like. I've heard Trader Joe's has a great pre-made crust I want to try later. This one was surprisingly easy to make. Once you get the dough together it sits for 20 min to rise and then about 7-9 min in the oven so you can chop up your veggies while waiting. Everything flows together nicely. After pizza is topped and in the oven you'll have about 20 min till ready. 

As usual, this is one of those dishes that can be adapted to your own flavors. These are mine!

Ingredients

Dough:
  • Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Whole Grain Mix
  • 1 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal & 6 tablespoons water, mix and let set for 10 min)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Yeast packet, included in pizza mix
  • fresh herbs or spices, optional (I didn't use any this time but it would be nice to spice it up with something)
Pizza topping:
  • marinara sauce or any pizza sauce of choice 
  • 1/2 cup pineapple
  • 1-2 jalapeno
  • small handful mushrooms
  • 1/2 bell pepper, I used orange
  • 4-5 grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 small red onion
  • 1 scallion
  • 5-6 big leaves of basil, chopped

Directions

Prepare and cook pizza dough according to package, layer with pizza topping when called for. I cooked mine on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Try adding a little Almond Parmesan topping if you want to add a bit of cheesiness. It's really easy to make and a great pantry staple!

Enjoy!


I can finally check this off my 'to do' cooking list. After making this pizza I had a wonderful idea....'Pizza Pasta'...a little quirky but very tasty. If you can load all these gems on a pizza, why not on pasta! Pineapple adds a whole new level to this dish, I found myself searching for those sweet pineapple pieces, along with the mushrooms too....pretty good. 



Cheers to quirkiness...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images