Farmer's Market Salad w/ Marina'raw' Sauce

8:34 PM


 A trip to the farmer's market is always a good day ! I have access to the best tasting corn this season and am incorporating it into whatever I can. It is so sweet, I eat it raw right of the cob. I am not kidding it is that good! Tonight I included it in this wonderful salad that I topped with a raw marinara sauce. This sauce is very versatile, you can use it to top raw 'noodles' such as butternut or zucchini, or you can use it like I did to top a variety of salads. 

My Farmer's Market Salad Included

spinach, 5 oz
pea shoots, handful
corn off the cob, 2 ears
zucchini, 1/2 small
red bell pepper, 1/2
avocado, whole
dash of himalayan salt & cracked pepper 

Use a much as you want of each veggie or add/subtract whatever you wish !
This was for myself alone. :)

Now on to the marina'raw' sauce....


Marina'raw' Sauce

4 roma tomatoes
small handful of grape tomatoes, optional
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp shallot
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 tsp himalayan salt

 Directions

Put all ingredients into a food processor, or blender, and blend on high until mixture is fairly smooth. You can  leave it a little chunky too. 

• • •

This is a great recipe to play with and come up some different variations. This will serve two/three generously. Also, the cherry tomatoes I added at the end, they are so sweet and I thought it may be a nice add, and it was. 

May you always be healthy and well. Enjoy !

Note: I started out with the intention of this salad being fat free but I couldn't resist the avocado. So omit the avocado for a fat free meal. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images