Flax & EVO Balsamic Vinaigrette

7:38 PM


It's always nice to have a balsamic dressing recipe handy and this one is pretty fabulous! It's of a two-fold goodness. For one I prefer to make my own dressing whenever possible. I like to know the exact ingredients and methods used. Secondly, I'm always trying to add healthy twists to my meals whenever I can. With this balsamic vinaigrette I have combined flax seed oil with the traditional extra virgin olive oil to add some omega-3 to my diet without much effort or loss of taste. I felt that with the strength of the dijon, mustard and balsamic vinegar it wouldn't alter the underlying flavor. And I was right, this has a nice easy flavor just like I like it, a little sweet and tangy. Perfection!


Let's get started....here's what went into this batch. Not everything is organic but I do as much as I can. I will use up some of my older stuff and buy organic when replacing if possible. Waiting for the day when everything is organic and we don't need labels. :)


Flax & EVO Balsamic Vinaigrette

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup flax seed oil or hemp seed oil
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup, optional
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard or stoneground
  • 1 glove garlic, minced
  • himalayan salt & pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except the oils in a small mason jar or a medium-sized squeeze bottle (diner style). Mix by shaking well until emulsified, then add the oils and mix again. Lastly, taste for flavor adding anything you feel is needed. 
• • •

Drizzle on salads or vegetables...anything you like! Keep refrigerated and use within a week. You can also make this without the flax oil and it will last about a month.


Enjoy !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images