Rustic Baked Potato Chips

10:36 AM


Once you go homemade......there is no turning back ! 

Forget the bag, this is so simple and delicious. I used to love potato chips and had no real problem eating them before but now a days I eat a few and feel not so good to my tummy. My clean eating habits have dramatically altered my system. It knows when something is processed and not close to nature as it should be. Funny how we adjust. I prefer my new habits and feel terrific so there is no way back to the old ways for me.

Here is my grand solution. I can finally enjoy potato chips !



These can be made any way you want....simple as salt & pepper, or spice it up with some cayenne or chipolte powder. Other spices you can use are garlic salt, onion powder, any special blends you have....just about any spice or herb you can think of will work ! Maybe salt & rosemary will be my next batch ?!


I started with two potatoes, clean and ready to slice. I don't have a slicer so everything was done by hand with a shape knife. The whole process was simple and took about 10 min or so to prep. Once you get them on the cookie sheet your ready to go ! 


Rustic Baked Potato Chips
(recipe and photos inspired by The Talking Kitchen)

 Ingredients
  • 2 medium potatoes, I used gold, organic from Sprout's ($2.99 for a big bag)
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • himalayan salt, to taste...go easy as they can get too salty

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper, a rack would be great too and you would need less cooking time. That's next on my list !
  3. Using a sharp knife, food processor attachment or mandolin, thinly slice the potatoes. 
  4. Toss with oil and salt in medium size bowl. Or you can go to step five and lightly coat each side with oil while on the cookie sheet using a silicon brush. One less thing to wash this way, which was my way. 
  5. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet. 
  6. Bake for 10-17 minutes, turning after 10 min. Remove any that seem ready or about to burn completely. 
  7. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool for 2 - 5 min.  Makes two servings.


Enjoy !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images