SPICY CARROT & HUMMUS SANDWICH

7:03 AM

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

 I am loving making my way through all the wonderful plant based meals I come across. This sandwich was completely lovely...and I used my own homemade bread too! How does it get any better than that. What a great sandwich idea and good use for some caraway seeds, they are delicious. I would have never thought of this myself so thank goodness my eyes are always open for the next inspiration, and there is a lot of inspiration out there.

This sandwich was created by the British chef, Nick Sandler, for Paul, Stella & Mary McCartney's book, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook. I adapted it from Spicy Carrot Sandwiches from Food & Wine. It's a minimal ingredient recipe full of terrific flavor. Add this to your must try list, you will not be disappointed!

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Grate your carrots, slice your garlic and gather the other ingredients...

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Saute the few ingredients...

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Toast your bread, spread hummus on both sides...because hummus is amazing!

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Add your carrot mixture along with a few spigs of cilantro...

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

Slice in half and that's it...a great sandwich any time of day!

Spicy Carrot & Hummus Sandwich

SPICY CARROT & HUMMUS SANDWICH 

Ingredients
  • 2 - 3 large carrots, coarsely crated
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, or cumin would be nice too
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • pinch red pepper flakes
  • himalayan/mineral salt, to taste
  • four slices bread of choice...french, sourdough, rye or whole grain would pair nicely
  • hummus to spread
  • cilantro
  • cracked pepper, optional

In skillet heat oil on medium, add the carrots, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and red pepper. Cook until carrots are just wilted, about 4 minutes. Let cool.

Toast or grill your bread, layer with hummus (I do both sides because I have hummus love). Add carrot mixture, top with cilantro and season with black pepper...serve. Makes two servings.

Notes: 

To make your own fresh, four ingredient, no knead bread, check my recipe here: No Knead Artisan Bread: Short Rise and/or No Knead Artisan Bread: Long Rise


Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images