Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger Juice

9:01 AM

Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger Juice

As I get back on track with juicing, this is my favorite tropical juice. I have two juices that I make on a regular basis and hope to share the other soon. The other is my 'everything' juice and it's not as pretty as this one so I'm saving that one for later. I started juicing two years ago and stopped after six months or so. I can see a big difference in my outside appearance and overall feeling when I do it on the daily. It's so revitalizing in every way and I'm glad to be back in the swing of it. It feels good to feel good and juicing is a regime that is right in line with that feeling. I will make two large juices for the day when I'm away from home along with bringing some finger foods to munch on like veggies and hummus or pea shoot pesto as dip, an orange, grapefruit, etc...something healthy, easy and raw as possible. I always feel at my best when I take the time to put this together before heading out. It takes me about 20 minutes or so to prepare both juices with my Breville. I bought this one just to see if I would juice regularly before spending loads of money on a juicer, they can run upwards of $300 - 400. It works great although I do have to clean in between making two juices as this is a compact juicer, but it's easy to use and easy to clean. I think it's about time to upgrade to something like this Omega which I've heard great things about in taste, juicing ability and ease. It runs a little slower than the Breville but that is where the flavor and ability to extract the most juices comes in to play. I encourage everyone to do your best to add a juice to your daily routine. You will feel an overall difference in just a few days if you can replace a meal with a juice or two. And if you don't have a juicer...take a look at this post by Minimalist Baker on How to Juice without a Juicer. There's also a great recipe for an apple, carrot, beet & ginger juice. I'll be trying that one soon!

Lately I've been buying a 25 lb. bag of organic carrots. It only costs me $13.99 for this large amount and I go through one bag every other week on juicing alone for one person. I know not everyone has the room for this amount of carrots and I am lucky enough to have an extra refrigerator that I can store bulk items in. It comes in handy having them around and you can be sure that more carrot recipes will be coming soon! I love carrots with their sweet flavor, vibrant color and versatility. And if you like to buy carrots with the tops, by all means add those into the juicer too. It will change the color a bit but the carrot tops are full of their own nutrition and can be juiced without being thrown away. You may also like to add an orange if you have one on hand, it'll add a nice citrus flair.

Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger Juice

This juice is a classic all around great drink. The pineapple and ginger pair so well with the carrots giving it a tropical feel that's so refreshing. I consider this my dessert juice. This recipe makes about two cups. I have this shown in the 3 cup mason jar and have added extra water. Feel free to dilute your juice with a little purified or clean water of choice.

Vibrant colors for a vibrant life!

Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger Juice

 Carrot, Pineapple & Ginger Juice

Ingredients (makes two cups)
  • 7 - 9 large carrot stalks 
  • 1/4 pineapple, flesh only
  • 1 inch nob of ginger

Juice according to your equipment and enjoy. Juice will store nicely in an air tight container for up to 48 hours in the fridge but is best fresh within a few hours.


Enjoy...


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images