Simple Cheese Manicotti

11:02 PM

Simple Cheese Manicotti

This is a super simple version of manicotti. My daughter used to eat this all the time and so I wanted to recreate this for her. Needless to say she loved it and polished it off. I kept this simple because this is how she likes it...she's allergic to vegetables I think. ;) Believe me I try...we are opposites but manage to come together on a few things. She's not vegan with me, she's 12 and grew up with my old habits and just doesn't see what I see...one day maybe, or not...it's a personal decision that we must each make on our own. In the meantime, this is a great replacement, you can't tell the difference so I win this one! :)

Simple Cheese Manicotti

Ingredients
  • twelve cannelloni pasta shells (8 oz. package)
  • 4 cups cashew ricotta cheese, double if using this recipe (you may have a little leftover)
  • 2 cups or so organic pasta sauce of choice
  • almond parmesan, optional garnish

Make your cashew ricotta cheese and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook cannelloni shells, about eight minutes. Rinse in cool water and carefully place shells on paper towel to dry.

In approx. a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, pour about 3/4 cup pasta sauce onto the bottom.

Place ricotta in a large size zip lock bag, let all the air out and seal. Cut a small hole on one bottom corner about 1/4 inch wide. Squeeze ricotta cheese into each tube. Place in baking dish and cover with remaining sauce, add more sauce if desired.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Serves 6.

Notes:

Feel free to add in fresh chopped basil, chives, spinach, etc. into the ricotta. Roughly chop and incorporate before filling the tubes. You could also try a butternut squash pasta sauce!


Enjoy the simples !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images